Idea of a race
More downhill stages that are timed. Racers must climb to the start of each stage in a limited time. Downhill times on super stages are aproximately 5-10 minutes. This stages can also include climbs. Difficulty of a super stages will be appropriate for a wide variety of racers and will not include any WC DH rocky parts or 10m gap jumps.
Enduro is a new format for mountain biking competitions, based on the discipline commonly referred to as enduro or all-mountain riding. The main goal of the enduro philosophy is to create a universal racing format, accessible by every mountain biker without the need to purchase any special equipment other than the bike he/she uses every weekend, which at the same time is challenging enough even for professionals, which awards the most well-rounded riders who posses the skills to ride fast in the Special Stages and to cover the Transfer Stages efficiently and within the imposed time limits.
Enduro racers ride along the course in a sorted group of friends, thus being able to replicate the friendly environment of an everyday ride while sharing the competitive spirit of the event. The sensations of a enduro race are not the stress and tension usually associated with competitions but more similar to the good feeling everyone enjoys after a day of riding on beautiful trails, in an amazing landscape, with his friends.
- 3 super stages in area of Mountainbike park Javornik
- aprox. 800 vertical meters of a climb
- aprox 20-25 minutes of total decsent
- racers are obligatet to wear a helmet during super stages and transfer stages
- the winner is a racer with a quickest time of all super stages
- transfer strages time is limited, any delays to the start will be added to the super stage time.
-- men: 15-25, 25-35, 35-45, 45+
-- women: 1 category
Registration and registration fees
PREREGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN. FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE REGISTRATION FORM:
- preregistrations are opened till friday, 20. may 2011. Registration fee = 35 EUR - includes 2-day ticket for bikepark (saturday + sunday)
- no prergistration, on saturday, 21. may 2011. Registration fee = 40 EUR -includes 2-day ticket for bikepark (saturday + sunday)
- on a race day, sunday, 22. may. Registration fee = 30 EUR - includes 1-day ticket for bikepark (sunday)
- registration must include following information: name, surname, club, date of birth in category
- racers, that are younger than 18 must be accompanied with parents or a responsible person.
Stages and ascents
- Last super stage will be at Kamplc trail
- all information about the park can be found at parks website: mtb-javornik.si